PSC and Planet Dog
Since 1997, Planet Dog has led the pack in designing and developing eco-friendly products with a deep commitment to philanthropy at its core. Sustainability permeates our values, our product development, and our social commitment, which led us to become a founding member of the Pet Sustainability Coalition (PSC) in 2012.
PSC’s mission is to accelerate social and environmental sustainability in the Pet Industry through education, implementation and collaboration. They collaborate by encouraging the implementation of best-practices, by providing tools and resources for advancement and by promoting continual and authentic improvement for the benefit of our environment, communities and businesses.
What Does PSC DO?
- They provide concrete assessment tools and action plans to all pet companies who want to prioritize sustainability while strengthening their core business.
- They document and demonstrate through case studies and examples that sustainability can improve employee productivity and satisfaction, encourage innovation, save money through operational efficiencies, and meet the growing demands for healthy sustainable products.
- They offer a comprehensive online ToolKit that offers full resources to assess and transform sustainability efforts.
- They offer open-to-all educational webinars to demystify initiatives, and help facilitate change.
- They hold informational events at trade shows to recruit new members, share news, test ideas, and strengthen partnerships.
- They provide and connect their PSC members to sustainability experts across the country that focus on all facets of business from supply chain to packaging to marketing to further support their members in accelerating sustainability.
- PSC helps companies demonstrate leadership and rewards progress by developing communication materials that help tell their sustainability story.
What Are Planet Dog’s Membership Benefits?
- Access to comprehensive online assessments that allow us to measure our existing sustainability efforts, and help set targets for improvement.
- Consulting support to define, plan, and execute a Sustainability Plan for Planet Dog for the short and long term.
- Assistance with assessments that can help us achieve B Corp certification.
- Ongoing support from in communicating our sustainability efforts, assisting in editing and copy-writing, consistent industry-wide press, facilitation of collaboration.
What else is important to know?
- Stephie Volo is an Advisory Board Member, joining other pet industry top dogs in shaping policy, direction, and strategy for PSC
- Plan for Global Pet 2016 to offer a Competitor Collaboration Event, where Stephie and Spencer from West Paw will publicly present ideas and a model for brain storming and collaboration towards better sustainability efforts even between competitors – we are all in this together.
- Planet Dog established a Green Team to help us assess and prioritize opportunities to increase our sustainability.
- We will be reviewing our scores on the assessments needed for B Corp certification, with the aim to achieve B Corps status in 5 years.
To learn more about the Pet Industry Sustainability Coalition visit petsustainability.org or call 720.684.6580.