About Planet Dog
Proudly creating the BEST PRODUCTS
From the BEST MATERIALS
For your BEST FRIEND
Since incorporating in 1997, we have been known as the industry's leading socially responsible, values-based design house, bringing people and dogs together for fun and mutual support.
What gets our tails wagging is creating, innovating, and developing premium products "made for dogs, by dog lovers" all while being fully dedicated to satisfying both you and your best friend.
Planet Dog's Mission Statement
Making our planet a better place by unleashing the power of play.
Our Core Values
Accountability, Transparency, Compassion, Innovation, Positivity, Profitability, Commitment and Fun!
Planet Dog's Sustainability
Planet Dog and the Pet Sustainability Coalition (PSC)
Since 1997, Planet Dog has led the pack in designing and developing eco-friendly products with a deep commitment to philanthropy at our core. Sustainability permeates our values, our product development, and our social commitment, leading us to become a founding member of the Pet Sustainability Coalition (PSC), an industry-wide collaboration to provide tools and education to accelerate environmental and social sustainability.
Planet Dog continues to “romp the romp” with our own sustainability journey. Brand new initiatives to educate, innovate, celebrate, and philanthropate are underway to bring environmentally friendly products to our customers, hone our internal operations and supply chain, and lead the industry in targeted philanthropy. We believe social and environmental sustainability is a basic business responsibility and hope that you will continue to follow and support our efforts to be the Top Dog in sustainability into the future.
Current Sustainability Efforts
- Eco-Friendly Trade Show Booth
- Planet Dog donates money to the Planet Dog Foundation, marking the most generous commitment to social sustainability of any company in the pet industry or beyond.
- Our Recycle Line is made from regrind material, helping to eliminate manufacturing waste.
- All Orbee-Tuff® products are made in the USA, minimizing emissions from overseas transport on our heaviest and highest volume items.
- Our leashes, collars, and harnesses are made from hemp, one of the world’s most renewable resources. The handles are lined with recycled fleece.
- The Wood Chuck® is made from bamboo, another of nature’s most renewable resources. The handle repurposes cork scraps, keeping them out of landfills.
- Using eco-friendly paper stocks and inks on catalogs, signage and collateral.
- We have replaced boxes used for cases with paper bags, reducing shipping weight and waste.
- Reusable bags being offered at the Company Store.
- Participates in curbside composting, with Garbage to Garden, at Planet Dog Campus and at the Planet Dog Company Store.
Meet the Planet Dog Sustainability Council
- Stacy Eby - Stacy joined the Sustainability Council because she liked the idea of helping develop standards and measures to ensure Planet Dog is striving to achieve its sustainability goals. Sustainability is also very important to her on a personal level. Her role on the committee will be to coordinate and find learning opportunities for Planet Dog employees on sustainability and to develop sustainability focused partnerships with vendors and other companies in the community. She is also helping analyze effectiveness of sustainability efforts.
- Piner Markovchick - Piner is passionate about giving back and joined the Sustainability Council to make sure Planet Dog is growing in the greenest way possible. Piner's major role on the committee is to develop and execute greener initiatives at the Planet Dog Company Store, to assist in marketing and messaging about our initiatives to our stakeholders and to seek out and implement educational activities for the Planet Dog staff about sustainability in the workplace.
- Sean Matthews - Sean joined the Sustainability Council to learn more about how he could make the wholesale warehouse run more efficiently. He has already been instrumental in transitioning to bags from cardboard boxes and helping the company save money by being more efficient. His role will be to continue to seek out and implement opportunities for the warehouse and the supply chain.